Noob Here. Netcat ip cam/cms installation issues

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently bought a Wifi ip cam off of ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/401258270162?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AI

CAMERA: NETCAT P01X1L.W4

using windows 10 operating system on Acer Aspire 5820-6825 laptop.
using
CMS ( CMS V3.1.0.3.T.20150716 ) software to view the camera feed.

I connected the camera directly to my laptop via ethernet cable and was able to get it to work after changing the ip address on the camera so it would not interfere with my other ip camera.

upon following instructions : http://www.yucvision.com/upload/file/PTZ IP Camera Quick learning guide.pdf

i reached the part where i need to right click on the monitor screen in order to find device configure in the right click menu list. Upon right clicking and observing the options i continue to not be able to find a device configure. As a result i have no way of turn on or off the wifi. I also have no way of setting up a login and password for wifi.

i beleive it is a software issue....nevertheless, i am unable to reach the netcatcctv website. it appears to be blocked within the usa or something. If anyone has any ideas on how i can access the cameras internal settings....please let me know.

P.S. i did install blue iris and able to view the feed but unable to access the cameras internal settings.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I now have the ethernet cable connecting the camera to my router and it works...nevertheless, i still cannot reach the inner camera system settings to turn on wifi or anything. I tried using IE to access it with no luck at all.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Success.

I uninstalled the cms software from my laptop. I then restarted. Following all this i went back to the ( General_CMS_V3.1.0.4.T.20160218 ) intall program and right clicked and then clicked on Troubleshoot Compatibility. I followed all the steps and now it has been installed with system settings that somehow allow cms to function properly.

Now if only i could figure out why the ptz and zoom is not functioning while using wifi only. I have tried several different programs including blue iris....zoom and ptz functions just do not seem to work while using wifi.