Noob Question - Trying to select HIK Vision Camera

Python49

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

For my business I have 3 different shops where I would like to setup an NVR HiK vision camera setup whereby I can access all 3 cameras for each shop from online and through my phone under one account, as well as sync'd with google drive. I want to be able to view the camera footage for all 3 cameras for 30 days worth of footage online. Please can someone confirm a few very basic questions and then help make a suggestion for me:

Since I'm quite a newbie, I just to clarify how this would work, the camera saves all the footage to the HDD inside the NVR, and then connects to the router to upload that footage online whereby it can only be streamed? Or all the locally saved footage on the HDD can always be viewed from online?

If the NVR is already storing the footage locally and 30 days worth can be viewed online, then is cloud storage simply used as a secondary backup tool, but not immediately necessary just for viewing a 30 day video history?

Lastly, I would like to get an HIK camera which is strong enough for being able to zoom in about 15 feet or so and read things pretty clearly such as someone on a phone. Which models should I focus on?