Noob searching for advise to add cam system to his home automotion

Nicko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Nicholas, I'm French and I'm looking for advise to add CCTV system to my home automotion.

My actual setup:
- a raspberry pi with my home automation (domoticz) server that deals with light, Temp, power supplies.... I use imperihome to control it
- a foscam C1 connected to my wired network
- a xiaomi ant Ip camera connected to the iot wifi
- a synology NAS for backup

I would like to add about 3 outdoor cameras to cover my garden and my entry. In an ideal world I would like 2 or 3 good cams with standard vision angle and one with a sort of a zoom (to see how is ringing at my gate bell - 12m from my house).
At the beginning I was thinking of a Chinese set you can find for about 200 bucks with Nvr... But from what I read, it's a waste of money, so I was thinking of 3 x Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) and maybe a Nvr.

About the Nvr, I don't know.. Buy one or make one.. I already have my synology nas that can handle surveillance station but I'm not totally happy with making him work for the cam all day long, I prefer to keep him just for data.
All I need is a device that can handle 4 wired camera and 2 others that are already on the network.

My needs:
- 2 or 3 standard angle outdoor ppoe cameras
- 1 with a sort of a fixed zoom outdoor ppoe cam
- 1 ppoe compatible Nvr?
- to be able to see cams in my automotion system and in imperihome (quite std)

About the budget, 500 bucks would be great but I think it might be short..

Any advise would be great.

Thanks for your help
Nicko

Nicko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! So OK for Ip cam, what about the Nvr?

Although, is there different zoom possible on dahua?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the camera I linked is varifocal; it comes with all standard levels of optics and everything in-between..

both BlueIris and Dahua NVR's are quite easy to integrate w/automation.. thats a deeper question you should start researching on your own.

Nicko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did some search but there is a lot of information to process!

A particular dahua Nvr to search?