"normal" "day" & "night" settings not staying IPC-HDW5231R-Z

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, I was messing around in the settings for "normal" "day" & "night" and realized a big firmware flaw (newest firmware). I was trying to change "normal" to auto "day" to color & "night" to B&W and then save as normal but not only do the settings under each profile( "normal" "day" & "night" ) not stay, it seems to also keep reverting me back to day profile.

I did some reading around and it seems this may be an area Dahua is working on as previous people have stated that although it seems that auto should automatically switch between your "day" & "night" profiles it does not. Instead it just uses "normal" as a third profile independent of the others and "day" & "night" is used by schedule only.

My point here is maybe Dahua is working on this area as typically with firmware features things tend to get worse before they get better. Is anyone else having this issue with the latest firmware?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua is not switching profiles with the light sensor. This is one big thing on my wish list, and of many others as well. For now you could only configure three profiles, change them by schedule or API.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Right, I get that and It's weird that they left out such a simple feature. But as of the last firmware update the the changing from the default (which is day for some reason) to normal does not stay. So basically I have to set up my day profile how I would want my normal profile.