Not able to view all cameras on NVR

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just bought a NVR5208-8P-4KS2E to power up and view 4 cameras (Only 3 cameras connected right now). One is a Dahua PTZ SD49425XB-HNR and the other 3 are Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED. The PTZ is displaying on my NVR so is one IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED. The other T5442TM I have connected to my NVR will not display. The led on the camera is on and it’s showing power on the NVR when I go to certain settings. What would be causing it to not display?
Also I am not able to add my cameras or NVR to the IDMSS app it keeps saying failed to connect.
My other question is I every time I type on the IP address on my cameras the Dahua screen never pops up it keeps timing out.
Not sure if it’s relevant My ISP is Comcast. I have a Motorola MB7621 connected to a google nest and from that nest I have my NVR connected with the Ethernet cord. I’m also using a Mac laptop not connected using Ethernet because my router only has one port and so does my google nest.
I have checked wiki and searched on the forum and can’t find any answers. I will continue to look but any help will be appreciated
8D3BB775-9F10-428A-887B-EBB60F875A81.jpeg
F342A22A-89B6-44AD-BB08-E278EA1E0FEE.jpeg.8D3BB775-9F10-428A-887B-EBB60F875A81.jpegF342A22A-89B6-44AD-BB08-E278EA1E0FEE.jpeg

Last edited:

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to finally get the app to work and able to log onto my nvr via browser. Had to change the IP address to the one on my network.
My issue now is being able to put the IP address of the cameras in my browser and log in that way it’s not letting me put a IP address from my network.( I will post a picture of the prompt I’m getting. I also still can’t get the other camera to come up on my NVR it still shows it’s giving out power but no feed is on my screen.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @Bballejo!

Couple of things:
  • in your 2nd post, you stated "it now works", can you confirm you did not port forward/opened ports on your motorola to your NVR? If so, please undo these actions ASAP as the whole world can now enter your NVR with all possible consequences.
  • if you did work with P2P/upnp: turn that off too. Deploy a (simple) VPN server in your LAN and you are ready for 2020 standard security level.
  • in your 3rd post, you have to understand the following concept: your NVR is actually acting as a "router". Your POE ports are like (sub)LAN ports where the NVR serves as a DHCP server towards the downstream connected camera's. Which means that these camera's cannot be communicated to directly from your main LAN, your NVR is providing some magic hocus pocus (routing) on top of the camera management. Which does mean that you can NEVER use the same IP ranges for your cameras and your NVR. Typically, you can put a 10.x.x.x range for your camera's. Does this mean you can never connect to your cams directly: no, through the webinterface of your NVR you find somewhere hidden an IE icon, clicking on it opens a "temporary" port forward so you can hop into your cam directly.

But that does not solve your first issue. I would suggest you open your PTZ, press the factory reset button so the device goes into initializing state. You can do this whilst plugged in into the NVR. The NVR on his turn should initialise your cam and you should be able to see it in the "search device" list.

Good luck!
CC

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @Bballejo!

Couple of things:
  • in your 2nd post, you stated "it now works", can you confirm you did not port forward/opened ports on your motorola to your NVR? If so, please undo these actions ASAP as the whole world can now enter your NVR with all possible consequences.
  • if you did work with P2P/upnp: turn that off too. Deploy a (simple) VPN server in your LAN and you are ready for 2020 standard security level.
  • in your 3rd post, you have to understand the following concept: your NVR is actually acting as a "router". Your POE ports are like (sub)LAN ports where the NVR serves as a DHCP server towards the downstream connected camera's. Which means that these camera's cannot be communicated to directly from your main LAN, your NVR is providing some magic hocus pocus (routing) on top of the camera management. Which does mean that you can NEVER use the same IP ranges for your cameras and your NVR. Typically, you can put a 10.x.x.x range for your camera's. Does this mean you can never connect to your cams directly: no, through the webinterface of your NVR you find somewhere hidden an IE icon, clicking on it opens a "temporary" port forward so you can hop into your cam directly.

But that does not solve your first issue. I would suggest you open your PTZ, press the factory reset button so the device goes into initializing state. You can do this whilst plugged in into the NVR. The NVR on his turn should initialise your cam and you should be able to see it in the "search device" list.

Good luck!
CC

1. No I didn’t port forward I changed the IP address and Gateway on the NVR to the ones on my network.
2. I did p2p when I scanned my QR code on the NVR using the iDMSS app. That also only worked when I put my NVR’s IP address to the same as my networks address.
3. My dilemma is I can’t open my laptop and input the cameras IP address to view it in the web browser.
3. It’s the T5442 that’s not displaying any feed on my NVR but showing power I’ll look for the reset button on that camera.
thanks for helping

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
1. No I didn’t port forward I changed the IP address and Gateway on the NVR to the ones on my network.
That's good!
2. I did p2p when I scanned my QR code on the NVR using the iDMSS app. That also only worked when I put my NVR’s IP address to the same as my networks address.
That's not so good. Better to work with IP/Domain
3. My dilemma is I can’t open my laptop and input the cameras IP address to view it in the web browser.
You cannot "directly" contact your camera's across the NVR. Have a look at the following video: At the bottom right hand side of the camera registration page, you see this InternetExplorer icon, clicking on this (temporary) opens a direct link to the web configuration page of your camera

If it's only one cam causing the problem, testbench it (connect with a valid factory sealed 1 meter UTP cable on your NVR). If that works well, you know you have to check overall cabling.

Good luck!
CC

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's good!

That's not so good. Better to work with IP/Domain

You cannot "directly" contact your camera's across the NVR. Have a look at the following video: At the bottom right hand side of the camera registration page, you see this InternetExplorer icon, clicking on this (temporary) opens a direct link to the web configuration page of your camera

If it's only one cam causing the problem, testbench it (connect with a valid factory sealed 1 meter UTP cable on your NVR). If that works well, you know you have to check overall cabling.

Good luck!
CC
Got it to work you were right the wiring was messed up could of sworn it was good last night.
So when I want to see the camera via web browser I have to keep clicking the link? It won’t let me input the IP address via browser for the camera only the NVR. I can access and view cameras on the Easy viewer app just fine.

Also I can’t change the track time from the default 15 seconds on the camera. I’m able to change it on my NVR save it and it won’t change back to the default 15 seconds but when I change it on the camera settings using a browser it changes back to 15 seconds after I click save.
Another thing I can’t do is get it to zoom closer when something crosses my intrusion or trip line. I’m going to keep playing with the deep IVS settings to see if I can get it to work.
I've also read where I can set other cameras to activate my PTZ to go to a different preset but it won’t go back to a preset of my choosing when it finishes tracking. Am I missing a setting for that? It goes back to my preset when I use regular auto tracking and not using other cameras to trigger it.
Also when I start using the playback feature on the camera browser via sd card after a minute in it states “current video play experience is quite poor please download and play” is that because of the SD card.
I know it’s a lot of questions but I’m pulling my hair out trying to get everything running smooth. Overall a majority of it works how it’s suppose to it’s just the small details I’m trying to figure out. The tracking is good just wish I could set the zoom in more so I can see license plates or zoom in to peoples face to have a better picture. :banghead:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi! Glad you figured out the wiring issue!

Unfortunately, I'm without a PTZ, but from what I learned spitting through other PTZ topics:
  • not all settings are propagated from the NVR to the Camera itself, so the way you login to your camera (through port 10080 and the IE icon) is the way forward
  • I found this screenshot in the other topic:

- with the bandwidth error: what happens if you record (temporary) the substream (eg fullHD instead of 4k), is that stream working or does that also complain? But I've seen already differences like IVS versus Deep IVS with this firmware. And this one is on v3 and you are on v4.

Good luck!
CC

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi! Glad you figured out the wiring issue!

Unfortunately, I'm without a PTZ, but from what I learned spitting through other PTZ topics:
  • not all settings are propagated from the NVR to the Camera itself, so the way you login to your camera (through port 10080 and the IE icon) is the way forward
  • I found this screenshot in the other topic:

- with the bandwidth error: what happens if you record (temporary) the substream (eg fullHD instead of 4k), is that stream working or does that also complain? But I've seen already differences like IVS versus Deep IVS with this firmware. And this one is on v3 and you are on v4.

Good luck!
CC
Yea logging on with the IE icon using the NVR interface doesn’t bother me to much just wondering if it was how it was suppose to be. Now that I know it is that one less issue that’s running through my head lol.

When I recorded with the sub stream it didn't show the error I have it on 25FPS on the main so I'm going to put it to 15 on the main stream and see if that'll solve the problem so I don't have to record with low qaulity.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
When I recorded with the sub stream it didn't show the error I have it on 25FPS on the main so I'm going to put it to 15 on the main stream and see if that'll solve the problem so I don't have to record with low qaulity.
25fps is quite high, except if you really want all these "slices". There are other parameters (such as resolution, fps, VBR or CBR, iFrame setup [pick the same as your fps], .. ) so tweak until you are still statisfied with your result. Run around in a cape like superman at 3am, and inspect that clip. Post here as reference, so we can enjoy the show too ;-)

Happy Camming!
CC