Not receiving alerts

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I have been with Sentry for years, and it's been flawless. Last week, I stopped receiving alerts. Nothing changed to my knowledge. I reviewed the camera settings, and I don't see anything wrong. That doesn't mean I missed something! :) I sent an email to them and have yet to receive any reply. Are they still in business?

Attachments

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be your email provider thinking these are junk/spam emails so they are either never sent or sent to junk/spam folder or just delayed while they decide if they are going to forward them to you. Similar issue if you use the SMS method. I experienced times when email and/or text message alert never arrived or arrived hours later. This is why I moved to PushOver alerts since it seems to be much more reliable and consistent than email or text messages. And, the alerts from PushOver are more feature rich. Look into PushOver to see if you like that alert system. It's free for 30 days and if you decide you like it then it will cost you a one time fee of $5 for life.

Last edited:

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Solved. Turned out the issue was with BlueIris's mail server. I don't know why but BlueIris wouldn't connect with Gmail. I tried everything to get it to work but couldn't. I finally deleted the original mail account and added it back to the mail account. This solved the continuity issue not only with Gmail but also fixed the issue with Sentry.

Reaction score
Could be your email provider thinking these are junk/spam emails so they are either never sent or sent to junk/spam folder or just delayed while they decide if they are going to forward them to you. Similar issue if you use the SMS method. I experienced times when email and/or text message alert never arrived or arrived hours later. This is why I moved to PushOver alerts since it seems to be much more reliable and consistent than email or text messages. And, the alerts from PushOver are more feature rich. Look into PushOver to see if you like that alert system. It's free for 30 days and if you decide you like it then it will cost you a one time fee of $5 for life.
Do you have a guide or reference on how to configure pushover for BI alerts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score