Not sending alerts when it triggers a person

Reaction score
I was wondering why sentry sometimes doesn't alert my email when it detects a person walking in front of the camera. It usually happens when they're walking away from the camera but when the same person is walking back in the direction of the camera it does detect them and sends an email. Blue Iris triggers but the clip is always cancelled even though its a person.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I suspect the frame sent to Sentry does not have a human in it. When people are walking away, I bet it takes more than 1 sec (default MAKE time) to be in the camera frame. The frame sent to Sentry is the very first frame.

Best way to trouble-shoot is to email support@smarthomesentry.com with the following information:

Description: Missed alert
sentry_id:
camera name:
Time of clip with timezone: 6/24/2019 2:40:38 AM PST (based on clip list example below)

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there not yet a way to have every frame sent to you saved in BI? Having to email you to see what frame I sent you (actually BI sent) is really a** backwards.

You do know this will help us adjust settings on our side, cause less useless frames sent to your severs, improve overall accuracy, and increase satisfaction of your clients without you having to do anything.

BI Sends frame to you and saves to a Sentry folder in Bi...... Done