Notification if elevator's camera detected a person with the elevator's light turned off

talkar194

n3wb
Reaction score
Greeting,
I have a Blueiris system in a building with an elevator, the elevator has a 1 minute delay to turn off its lights when no input has been registered, and every week or so a person enters the elevator and doesn't make an input and the lights turn off, as you can imagine the person/people inside panic (although they can just press any button to make the elevator open its door or move).

My question is, is it possible to send a specific SOS notification when a person has been detected by AI inside of the elevator with its lights off ?

The camera inside of the elevator is a Hikvision DS-2CD2543G0-IS.

I was thinking its possible to change the camera's profile with certain commands, but I don't know how to write commands for the camera, the idea is to ask the camera for its brightness level or IR status and with these details change the profile of the camera to a profile that sends an SOS alert (not a normal alert like in the regular profile) so that I can be notified that a person in inside when the lights are off.

I hope I can get this to work, Thanks in advance guy !

talkar194

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank for the fast reply !

You are correct, adding a light sensor solves the Panic part of the problem, I will buy one and install it, Thanks for the advice.

Regarding the other part, I want to know when it happens and how it happens, to be able to overcome it and solve it hopefully, the maintenance guy came a number of times and tells me everything is ok so he doesn't know what to fix or improve, and I want to be able to see why are they getting stuck and talk to them in real-time through 2-way audio to tell them how to get "unstuck".

I'm not thinking about AI, its just that the system itself has AI person detection 24 hours enabled with alerts, I want to get notified if an alert is of a person + dark elevator that's all.

regarding your last part, all elevator's lights turn off after a time of inactivity that how they work, I don't know if its possible to keep the light on even if the elevator is off, I will ask the maintenance guy and try it out.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank for the fast reply !

You are correct, adding a light sensor solves the Panic part of the problem, I will buy one and install it, Thanks for the advice.

Regarding the other part, I want to know when it happens and how it happens, to be able to overcome it and solve it hopefully, the maintenance guy came a number of times and tells me everything is ok so he doesn't know what to fix or improve, and I want to be able to see why are they getting stuck and talk to them in real-time through 2-way audio to tell them how to get "unstuck".

I'm not thinking about AI, its just that the system itself has AI person detection 24 hours enabled with alerts, I want to get notified if an alert is of a person + dark elevator that's all.

regarding your last part, all elevator's lights turn off after a time of inactivity that how they work, I don't know if its possible to keep the light on even if the elevator is off, I will ask the maintenance guy and try it out.
I have to gather this is a Jewish thing relating to Shabbat . . . :facepalm:

Because that’s not a thing in North America because it’s 100% illegal and goes against every building code related to fire & safety.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to gather this is a Jewish thing relating to Shabbat . . . :facepalm:

Because that’s not a thing in North America because it’s 100% illegal and goes against every building code related to fire & safety.
Must be the opposite.

The elevators you are referring to works without pressing any button. So it makes no sense to press a button to turn on the light.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Must be the opposite.

The elevators you are referring to works without pressing any button. So it makes no sense to press a button to turn on the light.
That’s exactly how the Jews have electronic equipment to operate during Shabbat. They want things to turn off / on without human intervention (touching) especially during Shabbat.

Case in point I’ll state a feature which sounds pretty offensive but that’s what it’s called in the field.

Wait for it . . .

Jew Mode . . .

Take a wild guess what Jew Mode does?!? :facepalm:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought many elevators were aware of the weight of the elevator car and could sense occupancy that way.