Notification stopped working since using cross zones

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just started using cross zones feature, I have noticed strange behavior on the app since I started using cross zones feature. In the Android app in itself I can see that alert has received and I can see the video, however it doesn't notify meaning I do not see a popup or any notification on my phone. I checked the notification settings and everything , they look to be right. All this was working up until I started zones. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else had faced this issue? Emailed support no response so far.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone else had faced this issue? Emailed support no response so far.
What happens if you manually trigger a camera? Do you get the alert then? If not, it’s not a zone issue it’s a notification issue that just happened to coincide with your zone change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can you confirm that the desired notification action has the zones of interest checked — as well as the active profile selected (not gray) — as in the following example...

1606888533265.jpeg

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you confirm that the desired notification action has the zones of interest checked — as well as the active profile selected (not gray) — as in the following example...

View attachment 75974
Appreciate you taking time in taking screenshots and explaining.

Yes, all the profiles are selected, what is weird is I get a notification on phone when i manually trigger, I just DO Not get a notification other times however when I open the app i see a alert there.

1606925020191.png

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
An idea... perhaps this behavior is due to Android‘s ‘sleep’ management of the Blue Iris app. You can try to turn off ‘Optimized battery usage’ for just the Blue Iris app. Here’s a link for an example on how to accomplish this (depending on your Android phone’s model, the UI and steps may not be exactly the same).

You can also long-press the notification and manage the app’s notification settings.

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I did that change still do not get any notification. I also got the app installed on iphone same issue, app receives the notification but doesn't notify. All of this was working fine until I tweaked the cross zones feature. Manual trigger always work, i.e. i get the notification on iphone and android phone. If i open the app i see alerts, even when i run through the test run i see it triggered ( i see a red rectangle box) . I am thinking I might be missing something silly , just don't know what it is, driving me crazy.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
We confirmed this for the Push Notification action dialog. Let’s check also the Alerts tab. Are all Motion zones checked, with ‘Any’, not ‘All’ selected? Make sure the appropriate profile is selected

Alerts tab.png

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
YOU ARE THE MAN ( or WOMAN, don't want to offend anyone :) ) . In the drop down I had it set to = instead of any, setting it to any made it work.

Support didn't even care to troubleshoot, they just said they do not support phone notifications.

THANK YOU.