NVMS7000 remote connection

Reaction score
I had to replace my modem with local cable company - all easy - internet & wifi back up - but now I cannot see my cameras on my iphone/ipad with the NVMS7000 app. just says 'connection failed'. I did not replace my mesh router, just the cable modem. I don't know what else to do and my 'installer' is so busy he still cannot seem to get me on the schedule. I have monitor hooked up to DVR and all cameras work, wifi works, modem works. Just not remote camera app... any help would be awesome!!! Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did they provide a modem/router combo that is now dishing out an IP range that is different? If all of your devices were DHCP then you wouldn't have noticed.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You probably need to go through setup of the NVMS7000 app again where you scan a QR code or input UID number(s) of the DVR/NVR and/or cameras.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did not set this up - my camera guy did - so I am not sure what needs to be done - I swapped new modem and now the app doesn’t work - same router same WiFi - I did have to shut power off dvr because modem croaked and it kept beeping -

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whenever you change a modem or modem/router, IP addresses and MAC addresses change; the app need to be set up again, from scratch.

If your guy is still too busy, I suggest you consider local help. Go to the Better Business Bureau here. Up at the top, type in to search for a desired category and type in your city, state (I used Toledo, OH because it appears to be close to Lambertville). I suggest you deal only with the ones accredited by the BBB and with an A+ rating. Although a misnomer, it seems that "security cameras" is the jargon in that area (I would deem "surveillance cameras" more appropriate but that did not yield results. Certainly, change the city to suit your needs.

It seems "surveillance equipment" is the term popular in Ann Arbor, MI here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whenever you change a modem or modem/router, IP addresses and MAC addresses change; the app need to be set up again, from scratch.

If your guy is still too busy, I suggest you consider local help. Go to the Better Business Bureau here. Up at the top, type in to search for a desired category and type in your city, state (I used Toledo, OH because it appears to be close to Lambertville). I suggest you deal only with the ones accredited by the BBB and with an A+ rating. Although a misnomer, it seems that "security cameras" is the jargon in that area (I would deem "surveillance cameras" more appropriate but that did not yield results. Certainly, change the city to suit your needs.

It seems "surveillance equipment" is the term popular in Ann Arbor, MI here.
Thank you!!! I do have a BNI member who does security - I think I will call in a favor!!! Love this forum!!!