NVR 2 way audio

jmanko16

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a new NVR purchase, the hikvision 7616ni-i2. I have upgraded most of the cameras around the house, however I have a few left over "cube" cameras that support 2 way audio/video. After using the NVR with the hikconnect app the notifications are fast enough that the entry camera if changed to one with 2 way audio could probably be used like a "ring" doorbell.

I am not sure this is possible, but wanted to see if anyone had this working.

With the camera setup on hikconnect app when I go to 2 way audio I hear the audio fine, but the audio from the app places on the television connected to my NVR, not the actual camera. If I "unbond" the camera from the POE port and manually set an IP, I still have access to the camera in the NVR and through hikconnect through NVR, but it then also allows me to individually add the camera, which will then allow me to use the hikconnect app directly for 2 way audio to the camera. This works fine while in the house, but not outside of it. I suppose I could set up a VPN while outside my network, but already getting a notification and rather than clicking it on my phone to bring up live camera and then hit audio, I have to then back out and manually connect to the camera, which isn't so elegant.

Is there a setting where the audio out from the NVR can be directed to the built in microphone in the cube camera?
If not would my only real option be running a separate speaker to my front door and then running a cable from the NVR line out to that speaker? And if so would it still output sound through HDMI to my tv or is there a setting to adjust where audio out goes to? the only audio output I see is turned on but doesn't have much other options.

Thanks.