NVR - freezing, lagging, delays

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using NVR5216-16P-I together with several B5442E-ZE and 5442T-ZE.
There are some general bugs that I trust Andy and Dahua to solve.
But looks like those bugs that I try to fix now related so some wrong configurations on my side:

- The Thumbnails (the preview images) of the AI search are not showing on web view. I think that it used to work in SOME browsers before. not sure though. It's not working in any of the browsers.
I've seen that issue at some other posts in here.

- There are some issues of freezing and/or lagging and/or delays both in live view, playback and alarm delay with gDMSS plus app.
Sometimes it's working good and others not. I could go out, in front of the cams, get inside to my desktop and see myself outside. There are lagging and many times the video is freezing for a second and continue.
I believe it's something wrong with my configurations.

Thanks.

Andydogga

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using NVR5216-16P-I together with several B5442E-ZE and 5442T-ZE.
There are some general bugs that I trust Andy and Dahua to solve.
But looks like those bugs that I try to fix now related so some wrong configurations on my side:

- The Thumbnails (the preview images) of the AI search are not showing on web view. I think that it used to work in SOME browsers before. not sure though. It's not working in any of the browsers.
I've seen that issue at some other posts in here.

- There are some issues of freezing and/or lagging and/or delays both in live view, playback and alarm delay with gDMSS plus app.
Sometimes it's working good and others not. I could go out, in front of the cams, get inside to my desktop and see myself outside. There are lagging and many times the video is freezing for a second and continue.
I believe it's something wrong with my configurations.

Thanks.
What is the upload speed of your internet

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks,
My ISP gives a poor upload of 5 Mbps but I was actually talking about the stream when using from inside my LAN....
All of those halts and slow motion, lagging etc. I get while connected to my 1 Gbps LAN.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try changing the encoding mode, resolution size and bit rate to lower amount and test it.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
try changing the encoding mode, resolution size and bit rate to lower amount and test it.
Thanks wasabi,
forgot to change all cams to the same settings:
Currently trying all 8 IPC on 4MP resolution, 15FPS, 2048Kb/S for the main stream.
b/r type CBR and compression H.265 currently for all cams.
I'd try that and change if needed.

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve had issues with all browsers except Explorer (the one I never use!). It’s especially a problem when a tripwire or other rule is triggered - I get a dropout and a lag time, right when you want the best pics! Explorer seems to fix it....