NVR Froze

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I noticed that my NVR froze last night around 11pm and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Here is my setup:

- NVR4108-8P-4KS2 with new WD Purple drive
- 2 of IPC-HDW2231R-ZS
- 2 of IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE

I tried to log in to my camera app last night and it failed to connect. I looked at my NVR this morning and it was froze and said one of the cameras was offline. I tried to login to the main menu on the NVR and when I entered my password it froze.

I then unplugged the NVR, waited 30 seconds and plugged it in. Once it booted up, all of the cameras came up and it seems to be working. I also looked at the replay and all 4 cameras when off at the same time, about 11:15pm last night and did not come back until I cycled the power. Nothing was changed so no clue why this happened. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have the NVR plugged into a good backup UPS?
A short power blip could have caused this.
I do not. Thanks for the tip. I’ll start researching good UPS and grab one. Any advice on a certain brand? Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not. Thanks for the tip. I’ll start researching good UPS and grab one. Any advice on a certain brand? Thanks!
Cyber power or APC. Get the biggest you can afford, that way it will continue to record as long as possible during an outage.
Get one that has AVR.
A 1500va would probably get well over an hour of run time.