NVR help

BurnerET

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, new to the forum but have been lurking for weeks. Finally getting ready to pull the trigger and start my camera system build. Only have one hang up/question I haven't been able to clarify doing research. Im going to order some Dahua cameras from Empiretecandy, but having trouble deciding on a NVR. Ive looked at going the PC/ Blue Iris route just haven't decided if Im up to building my own PC yet. I have taken apart my mac mini and MacBook pro and upgraded the rams and HD to Samsung Evo SSD's, but I have little to no experience with HP/windows.
1.What would be a good option to look at for a NVR with POE?
2. Also will the Dahua cams plug and play with any NVR, as long as it has POE?
Thanks in advance for any info/tips/advice you can give.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT!:wave:

FWIW, it's better/cheaper to buy a refurbed PC that meets the min requirements for BI, then fresh install Win 10 with MS' Media Creation Tool...but since you're a Mac-person, it's a steep staircase to climb right now, based on what you said...no insult intended.
1. Glad you've teamed up with Andy, you might as well get your compatible NVR from him (Dahua cams...Dahua NVR).
2. Not necessarily. If you stick with ONVIF cams / ONVIF NVR, all of the same brand you should be OK.
"POE" (Power Over Ethernet) is simply the means to power the cams, integrated into the same cable (CAT-5e, 6, etc.) that also communicates with cams (data).

Last edited: