NVR/PC repair

AsadK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. My Lorex NVR and a desktop computer were connected to a DSL line. After a rain storm, the NVR, the tower, and modem got fried, and some cameras went down too. We did not smell anything though. I heard from the telephone company tech that my neighbors had the same problem (with Modems). So I am thinking it was static or a short somewhere the telephone line. The symptoms with the PC and NVR are the same. When we switch them on, the green light comes on momentarily but then they shutdown.

Is there anyone in Philadelphia that would fix the NVR? Today I spoke with a technician but he would only take care of the computer. Just to add on, both are out of warranty.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider trying ==>> Better Business Bureau
Category: security cameras

At the above link I suggest typing in the category "security cameras" and "BBB Accredited Only"; put in the name of your city and state then click on "Search."

The PC repair may be feasible and reasonable, depending on the brand and generation of CPU, etc. With any luck it's only the power supply that's bad and if it's a ATX P/S they're not too expensive.

I would be surprised if repair of the NVR would be economically feasible, though.

If both were damaged by ESD coming in on the Ethernet port (phone line=> DSL modem=> LAN ports) from a nearby lightning strike the outlook can be dim. :idk:

Last edited: