Nvr poe or poe switch

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's possible that the ebay seller thinks the 4200 series will sell easier than the 7200 series so thats the only one he's selling? Who knows? Well, I purchased a 7216 a few months ago and sat on it, so I guess that it wasn't that hard to get either?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Even with the 7200, the incoming bandwidth is 256 and yet the recording rate is 192. I guess it's the difference in display and record? Whereas the 4200 it's 200 incoming and 200 recording rate. Confusing.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My seller in China informed me that any of the 4200 nvr's are only able to preview 4 channel at 1080p. And, the price she quoted me, is alot less than they're selling it on ebay for!

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...... or through the nvr albeit a little more of a pain. ......
What do you mean by the above quote? In general the question would be "How can we view the camera menu interface of cameras attached to a HIK Vision NVR with integrated PoE that has the PoE switch to a different subnet from the main NVR LAN port (in order not tax the LAN traffic) even if it means configuring the bridging between PoE switch and LAN switch on demand, without changing the cabling or cameras interconnections?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you mean by the above quote? In general the question would be "How can we view the camera menu interface of cameras attached to a HIK Vision NVR with integrated PoE that has the PoE switch to a different subnet from the main NVR LAN port (in order not tax the LAN traffic) even if it means configuring the bridging between PoE switch and LAN switch on demand, without changing the cabling or cameras interconnections?
Um, that's a heck of a question, lol. You can hit camera Web service even when hooked up to an nvr poe. And it's actually not that big a deal.

My seller in China informed me that any of the 4200 nvr's are only able to preview 4 channel at 1080p. And, the price she quoted me, is alot less than they're selling it on ebay for!
What do you mean by preview? Nothing on the dahua site suggests that, I don't think. But there has to be a reason why a 200mps throughput is so cheap, and by the way, available everywhere. I mean, even Newegg has them.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Um, that's a heck of a question, lol. You can hit camera Web service even when hooked up to an nvr poe. And it's actually not that big a deal.
My NVR has IP 192.168.1.151 and the gateway is 192.168.1.1.
My camera has the IP 192.168.254.2

Would you like to elaborate how to access the camera web service attached to a PoE port from the LAN port of the NVR?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I did. It's a sticky thread at the top of this forum. It's a temporary way to do it at the nvr, but how much does a camera need to be tweaked really.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did. It's a sticky thread at the top of this forum. It's a temporary way to do it at the nvr, but how much does a camera need to be tweaked really.
I have read carefully the sticky thread you mention. However this access method cannot be done remotely and through the LAN port of the NVR. My requirement is to access REMOTELY the camera interface (and not locally by changing the connectivity of the camera) through the LAN port of the NVR.

My apologies if I created any misunderstanding..

Last edited by a moderator:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
You can't do it with a poe nvr.

I repeat

What do you mean by preview? Nothing on the dahua site suggests that, I don't think. But there has to be a reason why a 200mps throughput is so cheap, and by the way, available everywhere. I mean, even Newegg has them.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That means you can only view 4CH 1080P camera or 8CH 720P camera at the same time in the new NVR42/44/48xxxx series. Normally the 2MP is 1080P, and 1.3M is 720P.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure either. If I take a guess, on live view, if you have four boxes up, the cameras display 2mp, if you have 9 boxes up, the cameras display 1.3mp, even if they are all 5mp cameras. I'm not sure if that's such a bad thing, cause why would you even want small boxes displaying more than 2mp anyway? If I want to see the highest resolution, I'm going to bring up the camera I chose in full screen al by itself.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. I usually keep an 8 channel live split with one channel large and the others small. I could even do with 4 channel only playback. It seems the only thing that I can see is the 32 channel unit will only playback 16 channels, which is common anyway. Other than that it looks sec'd like every other unit that does up to 5mp, except high throughput! But why something like a 72xx or even a 52xx would be more expensive than the new 4200, at what looks to be their highest throughput unit, is a mystery to me. Weird.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I just popped two 3tb purple drives in my 4208-p. My, the nvr is quite a bit heavier now, lol! It took a little doing actually. They fit properly, but it's a tight fit. Would have like to drop in 4tb drives but I just didn't have that kind of money. Just under 6tb will do fine I'm sure.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how is that NVR treating you? I have my eye on its big brother the 5208/16 or the new 4408/16 simply because I want that analogue output for a RF Modulator.. cheapest way to get live camera feeds up to the bedrooms; where HD isn't a huge priority (I wish 1080p QAM encoders/modulators didnt cost $800+) ... didnt come with rack mounting hardware by any chance did it?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
No rack mounts included. I haven't put the nvr truly to the test yet. I've only had a couple cameras hooked up to it, networked it and networked in an analog dvr to a channel, and now dropped drives in it. I actually like this thing a lot. If I get a chance I'll do a little video of the GUI and menus.