NVR programming help

horze

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
Hope all is well in these tough times

New to the forum and was wondering if i can get some help with a few programming teething issues.
My nvr is working and all cameras are working. Its just the extra features i am having trouble with

I have read through a few different threads on here but still struggling and instead of bringing old posts back, i thought i start a new one.
I am a newb with this, and slowly learning it all. So many options make it hard:)

The NVR is a hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P. The intercom doorbell is a Hik vision gen 1. Door station: DS-KV8102-IM, Indoor Station: DS-KH8300-T

1. Is it safe to update the current firmware to the latest firmware. The reason i ask is, i know when i bought it, the place i got it from said hikvision were having issues with some NVRs getting bricked when updating to a certain firmware. So this has made me a little concerned
Current firmware is V4.1.50 BUILD 181109

2. Im struggling to to get the correct url to view each camera independantly in VLC and also a url to view all cameras in a tile format (8 cameras)

3. On VRMS and on recorder screen i am struggling to get the Hikvision door station to view on 9 tiles. It works when i view independately or on 2 and 4 screen, but not on 9. I believe this is substream, and that i might need to bring the fps done?, however it is greyed out in NVR settings under its camera setting.

4. Can the audio of door station be recorded. The NVR has detected the door station as a audio and video device, but i dont believe the audio is recording or can be heard during live view

5. I have 2 drives in the hik vision, just want to see how many days/weeks of recording i am holding before it starts over writing

6. In camera ip camera management, when i click the url on the remote computer in VRMS, the url doesnt work

Thankyou very much in advance:)

Ive attached a few photos, hope they help

Attachments