Nvr questions

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the nvr can I just stick it in the closet with cams connected and just control/configure with a tablet through wireless? Or does it need to be connected to a tv to configure view the cams? Whats a good nvr system to begin with? Probably going to setup 4 cams. Don't want to spend too much on the nvr.hopefully there's one under $200.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Depends which NVR. But in general yes you can.

DS-7604NI-E1/4P. Hard to go wrong with that one.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to give them a bit of ventilation.

Initially you need to hook up a monitor to format the drives and set basic stuff up (at least I did) seemed easier.

7604NI-E1/4P is perfect for 4 cameras. However it does seem like it will be over $200 (almost $250). You can get the 'N' model which is a China region for as low as $160 or so. Upgrading the firmware can be a finicky with these models so keep that in mind.

For the price of a 7604NI you can get an 8 channel China region 7608N-E2/8P (for future expansion) for the same price.

Ohh and BTW the fan on the NVRs can get pretty noisy.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is that the price difference nowadays MM? Get the 7604N-E1/4P then.

What I like about that model is that you could mod it to improved cooling. It has lots of space inside.

I wouldn't worry about updating firmware even if newer has better features, 3.0.8 and 3.0.10 were stable but it wasn't until 3.3.4 that it was stable again.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the couple of sellers I tend to check out that seems to be the price difference.

I didn't go all out to look for a bargain though, so they might be had cheaper.