Nvr + smartpss on mutiple PCs

tomas456

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, my enterprise network has 2 nvr's from dahua, and a Pc running SmartPSS work perfectly, we have access to every ip cam we own.

The problem is we need a second pc doing the same thing on the same network, but physically far away from the other (200meters)
We have no conectivity problems but SmartPSS on the second PC is always showing both NVR's "OFFLINE", while the config file is the same.
I tried creating a new admin account on both nvr for extra access, but nothing changed.

Is it even possible or only 1 Pc can monitor at once?
Thanks for your help.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Its definitely possible. Something else is preventing you from seeing them. Can the second PC running SmartPSS see the NVRs with the first one Off?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Could the NVRs be out of bandwidth? Easy way to check would be take down the connection from PC #1 and see if PC #2 will connect. Intuitively I don't think it's that simple. I'm mentioning it because when I occasionally run a 2nd PC with smartPss, it will refuse to show a high bitrate camera on PC #2 unless I quit showing it on PC #1. In my case however, the NVR is reliably online for both instances of smartPss.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Check max connections under networking. Maybe thats been set low? SmartPSS and DMSS both seem to create a large number of connections for some reason

JacquesT27

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try to ping the NVR? If it doesn't ping, you can't login.

Is the second PC on the same local network?
Are you trying to connect to the correct ports?
Are you able to login via a web browser?
Make sure the NVR is in the correct VLAN and/or subnet.

Edit: Is there a firewall? If there is a firewall setup you might need to create new rules for the NVR.

Last edited:

tomas456

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try to ping the NVR? If it doesn't ping, you can't login.

Is the second PC on the same local network?
Are you trying to connect to the correct ports?
Are you able to login via a web browser?
Make sure the NVR is in the correct VLAN and/or subnet.

Edit: Is there a firewall? If there is a firewall setup you might need to create new rules for the NVR.
yes to everything, and there is a firewall