Nvr update

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
I have dahua nvr5208-4ks2-8p
I want to make NVR software upgrade but i afraid that after upgrade my NVR Will be in Chinese.
My software NVR version is v3.210.0002.2
Build:2016-07-21
It's possible to make upradgde without making my nvr to be in Chinese?

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i've done 2 x F/W updates on my DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS2 and still have english language....the Dahua web site is hopelessly out of date with firmware, last firmware i received from Dahua directly to address a HDD SMART attribute issue in the http GUI, version V4.001.0000000.4, Build Date: 2020-07-07, not yet listed on their web site. I asked Dahua why their web site is so behind, they responded with 'so we have no time to upload this version to our official website . ...' hmm

Last edited:

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
i've done 2 x F/W updates on my DHI-NVR4216-16P-4KS2 and still have english language....the Dahua web site is hopelessly out of date with firmware, last firmware i received from Dahua directly to address a HDD SMART attribute issue in the http GUI, version V4.001.0000000.4, Build Date: 2020-07-07, not yet listed on their web site. I asked Dahua why their web site is so behind, they responded with 'so we have no time to upload this version to our official website . ...' hmm
i did update from smrtpss from home and now my device is oflline did the password is changed?

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i did update from smrtpss from home and now my device is oflline did the password is changed?
sorry to hear, i don't use smrtpss ( i don't trust cloud run by Dahua ), i did my initial NVR f/w upgrades via LAN auto check feature during first power on/initialization, which worked, then the 2nd F/W upgrade via http/GUI pointing to local image file provided by Dahua...the admin password, nor any other setting changed for me

only thing i had to do to get live video to display, after second upgrade, was to clear my chromium based browser cache...then smooth sailing again...

have you tried the default password ?( admin iirc...)

also have you tried logging on via HDMI+USB mouse console? check network settings etc, then reset admin password etc?? did you have password recovery/ reset email address configured ?

Also check if your NVR mainboard has a reset button on it, pressing it and holding it for 5-10 seconds when NVR is powered on, performs a factory default config reset....

Attachments

Last edited:

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry to hear, i don't use smrtpss ( i don't trust cloud run by Dahua ), i did my initial NVR f/w upgrades via LAN auto check feature during first power on/initialization, which worked, then the 2nd F/W upgrade via http/GUI pointing to local image file provided by Dahua...the admin password, nor any other setting changed for me

only thing i had to do to get live video to display, after second upgrade, was to clear my chromium based browser cache...then smooth sailing again...

have you tried the default password ?( admin iirc...)

also have you tried logging on via HDMI+USB mouse console? check network settings etc, then reset admin password etc?? did you have password recovery/ reset email address configured ?

Also check if your NVR mainboard has a reset button on it, pressing it and holding it for 5-10 seconds when NVR is powered on, performs a factory default config reset....
Thank for Replay after firmware upgrade my NVR in loop mode and doesn't turns on
IMG_20200812_183846.jpg

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank for Replay after firmware upgrade my NVR in loop mode and doesn't turns on
did you check if your NVR mainboard has a reset button on it? pressing it and holding it for 5-10 seconds when NVR is powered on, performs a factory default config reset....

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
did you check if your NVR mainboard has a reset button on it? pressing it and holding it for 5-10 seconds when NVR is powered on, performs a factory default config reset....
i have nvr5208 withot reset buton i checked

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
How to do it?
Because it stacks of logo NVR can't connect to internet.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im afraid you have bricked your NVR, return to original place of purchase is the only option. the reset button on the board wont work if its bricked.