OculusCCTV IP Cameras password reset

jon2249

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys--
I am looking to reuse my IP Cameras that were sold to me from a previous installer from OculusCCTV.com. I have 8 cameras from them hooked up to a NVR. I am adding more cameras and changing my setup to blue iris and added a few Hikvisions to the setup 15 ip cams in total.

I ran into a snag of adding the 8 Oculus cameras to blueiris as the installer never told me the password and is unreachable. I tried to reset the password but I am getting a bounce back email. I tried contacting them on the support page of their website but havent heard back in 2 weeks. There is no reset button on these cams. I used their SearchTool and found them all with the IP is set to 192.168.11.5-12 and still works on the NVR. I need to change the IP range to work with blue iris but cant do it without the password.

Is there an alternative way of hard resetting these IP Cameras? The Corp say "Novell, Inc" when doing port scan. I am hoping I don't need to buy new cameras as they are only 1.5 years old.

Thanks,
Jon

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys--
I am looking to reuse my IP Cameras that were sold to me from a previous installer from OculusCCTV.com. I have 8 cameras from them hooked up to a NVR. I am adding more cameras and changing my setup to blue iris and added a few Hikvisions to the setup 15 ip cams in total.

I ran into a snag of adding the 8 Oculus cameras to blueiris as the installer never told me the password and is unreachable. I tried to reset the password but I am getting a bounce back email. I tried contacting them on the support page of their website but havent heard back in 2 weeks. There is no reset button on these cams. I used their SearchTool and found them all with the IP is set to 192.168.11.5-12 and still works on the NVR. I need to change the IP range to work with blue iris but cant do it without the password.

Is there an alternative way of hard resetting these IP Cameras? The Corp say "Novell, Inc" when doing port scan. I am hoping I don't need to buy new cameras as they are only 1.5 years old.

Thanks,
Jon
What is the make and model of the NVR? Also OculusCCTV ?

Do you know the NVR's LAN IP and can log into its embedded webGUI by opening a browser to that IP?

If so, you might be able to stream from the NVR: create a new cam, put in that IP, username and password into BI and click on "Find/inspect."
If that works, create a new cam for each of the remaining cams using the same IP, username and password BUT...change the "Cam #" in the drop-down to 2, 3, 4 and so on.
You will create 8 cams, each one identical to the other but with "Cam # " set to 1 through 8.

Last edited: