Odd bug in BI5

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm currently holding at version 5.5.7.11 due to using DeepStack. It's possible this bug has already been fixed and it's not related to DeepStack. All I can do is describe what I'm seeing.

I have a spotter cam to command a PTZ to spin around to the spotter's view whenever the spotter detects motion. The PTZ that is normally looking at Preset 1 and when the spotter detects motion it commands the PTZ to move to Preset 2. Seems to work fine. When the PTZ doesn't see any more motion in Preset 2 area it goes back to its default Preset 1 area.

I have cloned the PTZ because I wanted to use BI motion detection for a specific situation that might occur in the Preset 1 area. Keep in mind, the master PTZ doesn't use BI motion detection for anything. The clone PTZ worked great at detecting motion using BI motion sensing and it works fine all day until a certain scenario happens then the clone PTZ motion sensing doesn't do anything any more unless I take action.

The scenario that breaks the clone PTZ motion sensing is this. If the spotter cam, mentioned above, commands the master PTZ to spin around to Preset 2 then when the PTZ is done and goes back to Preset 1 the motion sensing of the clone PTZ stops working. The only way to get the clone PTZ's motion sensing working again is to simply open the settings for the clone PTZ then click OK without changing anything. This appears to do a Blue Iris "restart" of the clone cam. Also, it appears that when profile flips from Daytime to Nighttime it also fixes the issue or I should say resets the clone PTZ which allows motion sensing to work again.

It appears that motion sensing is disabled in the clone PTZ whenever the master PTZ moves to any preset then returns back to Preset 1.

Reaction score
Weird, I'm on build 5.5.8.2. I tried setting up spotter before using my non auto tracker 49225hn and i could not get it to work, using 5.5.7. So i upgraded when i got my second auto tracker 49225xa. I didn't even try spotter cam settings yet with the new 49225xa. I have spotter cams calling my first 49225xa and it is working fine. Let us know when you get it figured out.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Until this is fixed, maybe you could try resetting the PTZ camera whenever it moves to Preset 1 by assigning an ‘Web request’ or ‘Do command’ to the ‘On call’ action set for Preset 1?

Here’s the applicable HTTP interface command:
http://address:port/admin?camera=camname&reset
or instead of hardcoding the camera shortname, use a macro
http://address:port/admin?camera=&CAM&reset

1660837621808.jpeg

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ll be honest I have no idea what I am talking about as I’m too poor to have a PTZ but wouldn’t the spotter cam moving the PTZ to the 2 position cause the cloned PTZ and it’s motion sensing to go into overdrive as it moves to position 2 and then back to 1?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ll be honest I have no idea what I am talking about as I’m too poor to have a PTZ but wouldn’t the spotter cam moving the PTZ to the 2 position cause the cloned PTZ and it’s motion sensing to go into overdrive as it moves to position 2 and then back to 1?
It's a great question but it's assumed that while the PTZ is traveling it's not trying to detect motion or any IVS rules because that'd just be crazy! And, the cloned PTZ when in Preset 2 is not set to do any motion detection or you would assume that if you don't have anything set up for Preset 2 it will not do anything.

1660841954359.png

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
And you've got the Suspend motion detection checkbox at bottom right on that same screen to address that.