Odd IPC-T5442T-ZE partial configuration vanishing act

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have two of the subject Dahua's operating perfectly that become inoperable in Home Assistant upon a restart due to invalid responses from the HTTP CGI API that initially worked. The problem is when HASS queries the cameras for their capabilities upon initialization, one required parameter in particular (DayNightColor) is no longer present in the config and causes a connection/setup failure. making it inoperable in HASS.

Reboots don't fix it. Attempting to update the video options config via the WebUI does not fix it. Attempting to restore a saved config results in an error. Attempting to use the API to restore the missing config results in an error. This can only mean the camera simply doesn't recognize certain VideoInOptions any longer and won't accept them by any means.

The only thing that fixes it is to do a factory default reset and reconfigure. Thankfully, a restore from a previously saved config (that formerly failed) now works and greatly helps with the setup.

This situation has occurred numerous times on both cameras randomly. It's not noticed except when HASS is restarted and attempts to query each camera. The latest Andy firmware is installed (V2.840.15OG00D - 2022-08-18).

If interested, further details can be found in my Github enhancement request - get_day_night_color > list index out of range error · Issue #225 · tchellomello/python-amcrest

For anyone with this camera model, if you run: <ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoInOptions
You should get 190 VideoInOptions listed in your browser. When this odd configuration reversion occurs, only 43 VideoInOptions are returned, among them is the missing VideoInOptions[0].DayNightColor=1 which causes the core Amcrest Integration in HASS to not connect.

Can anyone duplicate this behavior? Can Dahua firmware developers be made aware this can happen?

Last edited: