Oh, Camera!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I was going to install a sign that is the kind of sign that I would use. Most people that wonder up my driveway turn around when they see the cameras. The ones that don't turn around probably would not turn around because of a sign either. I don't mind people just coming up the driveway but it's more concerning when they enter the yard. If I'm home I can go out and confront them, and if I'm gone I can set off a siren with my phone to run them off. I have considered putting a siren at the end of the driveway that I could set off if I see somebody pissing :)

People wander up the driveway fairly often. Just yesterday I had a walker and a truck come by. I haven't checked my videos yet today to see what happened. I may have had more visitors but I know they didn't come too close because I didn't get a notification on my phone.

Honestly...regarding the gold Chevy pickup, when you play at normal speed, between 7:55:35 and :38, I see what appears to be a third person in the middle of the back seat, loading or holding a bright plated pistol. Of course, the windshield has a lot of reflections and it's probably my imagination....just sayin'..... :idk:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly...regarding the gold Chevy pickup, when you play at normal speed, between 7:55:35 and :38, I see what appears to be a third person in the middle of the back seat, loading or holding a bright plated pistol. Of course, the windshield has a lot of reflections and it's probably my imagination....just sayin'..... :idk:
I only see two people, passenger is holding a newspaper or magazine. Lots of reflections.
If the camera has SSA you might want to play with that setting (it probably doesn't).

Last edited:

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On the subject of trespassing, I can't be too upset about people mildly coming onto my private property because I sometimes do the same myself. Not on occupied property, but I have done my share of exploring abandoned areas.

It is said that the Olympic Discovery Trail follows an old railroad path but I know that is not the case in some areas. So I have spent some time looking for the old train bed on private property. One time after fighting my way down a steep, rocky and overground hill I found the old train track bed with this sitting on it.

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a large abandoned house along the trail surrounded by a tall chain link fence with government warning signs telling people to keep out. When the previous owner died he left his house and property to the state. I spoke with a woman that told me when she was a kid she, her brother and her mother stayed in a beach house below the big house when her parents separated. She also said that her and her brother would put pennies on a railroad track that ran between the big house and the beach house so they would be flattened by the train. I found a way around the fence and went down a busted up and overgrown road to find this. Since I was there everything has been removed.

Pano1.jpg

BH4.JPG

Pier4.JPG

Pano2.jpg

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I get probably 5 people a day turning around in my driveway. Don't mind it. Never had an issue.

I accidentally peeled out in a gravel driveway the other day in my truck turning around and felt bad. Was trying to be easy on the accelerator.

Reaction score
Post a beware of security dogs sign. Have a cam tripwire that trips at a certain point, like where the woman turned around. Set up a speaker further up towards the house that broadcasts multiple dogs barking and gets louder as time goes on, like they are getting closer.

Also you could set up a hot wire, like an electric cattle fence along where the guys piss. That will teach them to not piss there. Put a sign that reads electric fence there just to be fair and protect against being sued.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A few months after that, we had a porta potty out front for some workers, and this guy moved in to the garage one Sunday a. m. while we were in church. The neighbors alerted me before I looked at the cameras, and I called the cops, but he left before they arrived. He wasn't put off by the cameras, but I think he was on crack.

Attachments