On MacOS with Safari only flickering at the LiveView

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

i´m using 5 x DS-2CD2642FWD-I with 4MP and a NVR 7606NI-E2/8P.

When i´m using the safari (or the Firefox) on my MacOS (10.11.6 El Capitan) it´s not possible to use the LiveView with the resolution
of 2688x1520. All the LiveView Windows are flickering. Only when i switch to the Substream it´s ok.
I tested it also with a brand new MacBookPro from my colleague with still the same problems.

On my Windows PC (with Firefox) i can use the Mainstream without any problems!

The NVR and the IP-Cams has the newest Firmware and Web PlugIn available on the Hikvision support area.
So i changed the resolution of the 5 x Cam´s to "only" Full-HD 1920x1080 and then it´t possible to see the LiveView on my Mac and Win.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Best regards Bastian

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Few possible solutions (none ideal I'm afraid).

1) Use iVMS-4200 but can't use H.264+
2) Make do with sub-stream because your laptop can't support 5x 4MP resolution anyway so not sure why you want to Liveview 5x 4MP, my MBP is 5MP screen, so can't view 20MP anyway if that makes sense.
3) Try a VM windows install on your Mac

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Few possible solutions (none ideal I'm afraid).

1) Use iVMS-4200 but can't use H.264+
2) Make do with sub-stream because your laptop can't support 5x 4MP resolution anyway so not sure why you want to Liveview 5x 4MP, my MBP is 5MP screen, so can't view 20MP anyway if that makes sense.
3) Try a VM windows install on your Mac
THank you for your response...
Of course it make no sense to use the full resolution of 4MP on a MacBookPro. But it works on a PC - so it should also work on a Mac.
Normally the scale the 5MP down to show the 5 (or more) channels as a PreView on the LiveView.

Best regards Bastian

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But it works on a PC - so it should also work on a Mac.
I think this is the issue. Most things don't work that way and I have a Mac!

iVMS-4200 for Mac for a Hikvision example is really buggy compared to the PC version.

I use iVMS-4200 for my Mac rather than Safari FYI.