only 1 out of 3 cameras can be viewed on hik-connect

gelatiii

n3wb
Reaction score
howdy all.
Ive recently installed an NVR + 3 cam setup for a client.
now the customer supplied 2 x hikvision DS-2CD2312 (1.3mp) cameras and i supplied 1 x mini dome HIK-2CD2555FW.
i can view all 3 cameras with a monitor via hdmi.
ive been able to set up remote viewing of the mini dome but i cant live view the 2 x turret (1.3mp) cameras.
from what ive heard its the difference in resolution that prevents the lower quality camera from being viewed?
can anyone provide me with any further help??

thanks

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the NVR is maybe trying to provide the SUB stream for remote viewing and the lower-rez bullets perhaps don't have a substream or it's not enabled? just a guess, without further info about your NVR and settings...

gelatiii

n3wb
Reaction score
the NVR is maybe trying to provide the SUB stream for remote viewing and the lower-rez bullets perhaps don't have a substream or it's not enabled? just a guess, without further info about your NVR and settings...
the
nvr is ds-7604, i did not enable any substream features, if i were to do so, would i need to apply this to all 3 cameras or only the 2 that are not working?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
like i said, i'm just guessing, but it could be that the other 'working' cams have a substream (lower rez) enabled by default.

try toggling the main/sub-stream view in the NVR's live view for each of the cams... (there should be an icon to do that)

and substreams would be enabled in the cam's GUI under the 'video' tab...

gelatiii

n3wb
Reaction score
the

nvr is ds-7604, i did not enable any substream features, if i were to do so, would i need to apply this to all 3 cameras or only the 2 that are not working?
yeah its actually the lower res cams that arent streaming to the app. but this could get me on the right foot to solve