Only 2 simultaneous streams

__Peter__

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I got a network related question. I recently installed a Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S with 3 IP camera's. 2 Connected directly to the NVR and 1 connected over LAN.

When I open the live view mode on the NVR only 2 streams are showing, by default the camera's directly connected to the NVR. Hopefully any one can help me making all 3 streams visible at once.

Symptoms:
  • When 2 MAINstreams are showing i have to shut down one to make the 3rd one visible;
  • When 2 streams are showing I can show the 3rd camera stream by its SUBstream;
  • When I open the camera connected over LAN (by its IP number) the stream is not showing until i close a camera in the NVR viewer (not the same camera as loggined to). When closed the stream is showing;
  • When I have 2 Streams open in the live view on the NVR and i loggin to the 3rd camera. The stream of the camera loginned to is not showing. After sutting down a camera displayed in the live view, the stream of the camera logged on to is displayed.

I think its a network related issue, but not sure. Help is much appreciated.
p.s.
The camera's reside in 2 different VLAN 192.168.3.x (DHCP from router via LAN)=> 1 LAN Camera
192.168.251.x (due to direct connection to the NVR) => 2 camera's directly connected to the NVR

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Depends on camera megapixels, you might have had hit the Decoding capability of said NVR. You cant watch them all in mainstream no matter the model. Does not mean they wont be recorded in mainstream

__Peter__

n3wb
Reaction score
Depends on camera megapixels, you might have had hit the Decoding capability of said NVR. You cant watch them all in mainstream no matter the model. Does not mean they wont be recorded in mainstream
Hi Trempa, tnx I got it working now. This was indeed a decoding limitation. My camera's are 8Mpix