Only cycle when at least one camera is triggered question

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help me with this one. I am trying to use the feature "Only cycle when at least one camera is triggered" in the BI console settings. I was expecting to see one stationary screen until a camera is triggered, and then have that group appear as it would in an auto cycle, but that doesn't happen. I have all my camera groups set to participate in group cycle, and checked the box for "Only cycle when at least one camera is triggered" for each group, however it just auto cycles through all the groups regardless of trigger or not, and I don't see any difference with this setting enabled or disabled. Am I missing something?

Albert Einstien

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SOLVED
So I get a full screen of all cameras, which stays on until a camera is triggered. After the motion sensing that group is displayed, it then returns to the All Cameras screen and waits again for the next one. Good news too, it does work with UI3!!!
In order to achieve what I was trying to do, the 'All Cameras' group must participate in the group cycle. that is where I made my mistake. I never had the 'All Cameras' group participate as the frames are too small to see from a distance. Not to be too long here, but for the benefit of anyone else who may get stuck on this here's the setup;

The 'All Camera's group MUST participate. This is counter intuitive to what the help file says earlier, "The All Camrera's group itself may or not participate". But for this to work it does indeed need to.
In the All Camera's group settings check on "Enable camera auto-cycle stream" . For this to work you must also have the following check boxes both in the All Camera's group AND all the individual camera groups.
"Participate in group cycle' ,
"Favor cameras/groups which are triggered or sensing motion""
and
"Only cycle when at least one camera is triggered".