Only port 5-8 working on dahua 16port NVR5216

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently received a new client that have dahua installed on their location.
I started by resetting the NVR and all 10 cameras(HDW3549H) because they did not receive login information from the previous owners.

Then all the sudden after 3 months of uptime all 10 cameras disappeared on the NVR, i then logged in through the cloud service and none of them showed up on the remote camera list.
After rebooting the system 4 cameras came back(port5-8) and after resetting the other cameras they just wouldnt show. I did also try to reset the NVR. But nothing worked. Only if i swichted them physicaly on the NVR i could get camera in port 1 to work if i placed it in port 5 and so on.

I cant find out what the problem is, it just seems odd if port 1-4 and 9-16 are dead. They even show power draw on the ports.

Have any of you had the same kind of issue?

Attachments

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Then all the sudden after 3 months of uptime all 10 cameras disappeared on the NVR, i then logged in through the cloud service and none of them showed up on the remote camera list.
3 months since you reset the system. How old is the set-up?

Reaction score
Has the NVR admin password changed? Are any cameras non-Dahua brand?
In camera settings, Dahua cameras use 'private' protocol.
View attachment 173720

Link will show offline if the camera is not sending a video stream to the NVR.
Nothing have changed and all 10 are the same dahau cam. If i plug them in to port 5-8 they work just fine.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have had banks of the internal PoE switch go bad, twice if I recall on separate NVRs. The ports seem to be banks of 4 ports. Both times was after a severe storm. My guess is lightning/surge took them out. I dont think the PoE switch is very robust.
Fortunately you can run both internal PoE as well as external PoE camera so I simply added an external PoE switch for the bad ports.