ONVIF Config - New to this protocol

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I am setting up my new system at my new house, I purchased all new cameras with ONVIF capabilities. I have read that it is better to off load car and person detection to the cameras and have AI as back up for other's that do not have it. I have two indoor cameras that I do not have but if someone comes into the house AI will trigger them. My question is when I am looking at the config in BI, the person and car vehicle are very low, I do not want the detection I see up at the top triggering a lot of events. Also, I see visitor, does that mean I can load people's faces, so it knows who is allowed here and who is not?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which camera models?

But you are probably reading too much into those. Those are simply different triggers that BI says it is receiving.

So for example if this is a Dahua camera, those top ones only trigger if you set it up to trigger on those.

If you just set up IVS rules for human and vehicle, it will still only trigger on just that. You could turn off all but that particular item it is listening for.

mbh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you mean uncheck the first such as motion alarm?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are not using the motion alarm, yes you can uncheck it.

But it won't trigger regardless if you didn't set up the camera to trigger on motion detection.

I have found it best to set up the camera, then have someone go out and trigger it and see what BI says in the memo section for what it says the trigger was and then turn off all the ones on that screen except for the ones that actually trigger.