Onvif DVR and various networks

Dino89

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any way or onvif nvr that I can get all all cameras on same one , the problem is the IP cams I have are connected to different routers around my property all have different ssid , is there a way to get them all on the same onvif nvr ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
....the IP cams I have are connected to different routers around my property all have different ssid ,
LOTS more info needed:
  • Are all of the connected cameras wireless?
  • Are all the cameras the same brand as the NVR?

Dino89

n3wb
Reaction score
LOTS more info needed:
  • Are all of the connected cameras wireless?
  • Are all the cameras the same brand as the NVR?
All are ip camhi /camhi pro cameras just connected to phone , don't have an NVR yet , but want an good NVR that will meet my needs so I can have them set up on a monitor as well

Dino89

n3wb
Reaction score
All are wireless on 2 different routers and would like wireless onvif nvr to view on monitor

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to view the cameras on your phone when away from your property?
Did you scan a QR code or enter a UID number or serial number with an app to be able to view the cams on your phone?
What is the exact model number of the camera(s) or is it just "CamHi" and "CamHi Pro" ?

Dino89

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you able to view the cameras on your phone when away from your property?
Did you scan a QR code or enter a UID number or serial number with an app to be able to view the cams on your phone?
What is the exact model number of the camera(s) or is it just "CamHi" and "CamHi Pro" ?
Yes can view away from home
You can scan ,enter manually
Or you can search lan providing phone is on same router
They are just ip which use both apps camhi or camhi pro app camhi pro is better for ptz as s it has better control

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so it's using P2P (their server) to view away from your LAN.

If the cameras are ONVIF or can provide a RTSP stream you might find a NVR that'll work but you'd have better luck streaming to Blue Iris software on a PC.

As previously asked, "What is the exact model number of the camera(s) or is it just "CamHi" and "CamHi Pro" ?

Dino89

n3wb
Reaction score
They are just various camhi compatible cameras some ptz some statics no particular model , just buy all my cameras that work on camhi app as found that a really good app to use on phone , surprised there isn't an NVR or recorder that would allow to add cans
OK, so it's using P2P (their server) to view away from your LAN.

If the cameras are ONVIF or can provide a RTSP stream you might find a NVR that'll work but you'd have better luck streaming to Blue Iris software on a PC.

As previously asked, "What is the exact model number of the camera(s) or is it just "CamHi" and "CamHi Pro" ?
just like phone where it doesn't matter what wifi network their on , will have a look at blue iris ,

If you connect blue iris cameras via onvif won't this have the same issue as soon as you change network ,those cameras will go off ?