Onvif / Rtp stream ?

Pauldb38

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, folks, this is my first post so please be gentle lol.

I have one of the xmdevice Chinese 16 channel Dvr's had it for a few years and really happy with it but I want to extend it functionality over my personal web server. I have some software that came with the DVR think its called CM Monitor, this software picks up the DVR and displays all 16 channels even the old camera's that are hard-wired to it. With this in mind, I would like to grab the stream from the DVR and stream to a webpage, i have been unable to get the stream details from onvif manager or the cm software. How would i go about finding the stream's.

I have a stand-alone onvif camera and was able to get this stream from it

rtsp://192.168.0.30:554/live0.264

I am playing with ways to implement this into a webpage I have it working although not happy with the layout so any help advice there would also be welcome

Kind regards Paul

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a gamble, but you can try this below with VLC, putting your info in place of the UPPERCASE info (DVR IP, RTSP port, DVR username, DVR password):

Code:
rtsp://DVR-IP-ADDRESS:PORT/user=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?

Pauldb38

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi tony it accepts the username and password (confirmed this by putting in the wrong details then trying with the correct details, but then it throws up errors for the rest? Btw thanks for coming back to me i really appreciate it.

BTW firmware reports this..
Video In: 16
Alarm In: 8
Alarm Output: 1
Audio In: 8
Build Date:2014/2/18 14:17:13
System: V4.02.R11.31152053.10001
Serial ID: 0012123397c3

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you say you have access to the video over the network with CM Monitor application?
try running wireshark on the same PC to sniff out the URL's it using...