ONVIF rule criteria for triggering events in BI

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If my Amcrest AD410 doorbell camera is providing this information for when it detects a human at the doorbell. How would the BI ONVIF rule need to be created in order to trigger BI for the event? In BI, the camera shows that the ONVIF event status is "ok". Thanks

1718305477297.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Bumping to hopefully get some insight on this one. Thanks!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nothing I've tried works so far. I've tried "includes" 00000, true and ObjectsInside. No trigger for those.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've looked at that stuff but I'd think that the IsInside:true would be picked up by the default BI ONVIF trigger at the end of the list under the ONVIF Config button that says RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside with Attribute IsInside="true"

Is there a green check mark next to that line and profiles right as appropriate for whatever is active?

What does the BI log file show when you activate that cam/trigger? If it's picking up the ONVIF event/trigger, then it should show something like:
0 6/1/2024 12:12:54.397 AM CAMERA_NAME ONVIF Event: RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside (IsInside="true")

What control do you have over the rules in the Amcret cam? Can you name them? If so, then try naming it and then creating a new BI ONVIF "Listen for: line and in the Contains put that name with action Trigger.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've looked at that stuff but I'd think that the IsInside:true would be picked up by the default BI ONVIF trigger at the end of the list under the ONVIF Config button that says RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside with Attribute IsInside="true"

Is there a green check mark next to that line and profiles right as appropriate for whatever is active?

What does the BI log file show when you activate that cam/trigger? If it's picking up the ONVIF event/trigger, then it should show something like:
0 6/1/2024 12:12:54.397 AM CAMERA_NAME ONVIF Event: RuleEngine/FieldDetector/ObjectsInside (IsInside="true")

What control do you have over the rules in the Amcret cam? Can you name them? If so, then try naming it and then creating a new BI ONVIF "Listen for: line and in the Contains put that name with action Trigger.
Thanks for your help @Mike A.. This is working now.