Onvif vs External Alerts

kamakazie2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have 5 Amcrest ONVIF supported cameras that I run with BI5.

I have different configurations set for different triggers.

For example: I have a set of outdoor PIR sensors that will externally trigger BI via url command from my OpenHab setup.
I also use the cameras own motion detection for a catch all event log but supress the alerts to the phones.

My issue is that both show up as external triggers. Is there any reason why the Onvif trigger dosent show up as Onvif?
I can confirm that CellMotionDetector is firing off via Onvif device manager.

Thanks for any input.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many folks have seen issues with IVS and ONVIF triggers since DeepStack was integrated.

IIRC, it has to do with it now being an external trigger instead of an ONVIF trigger. I got mine working again by redoing the find/inspect for the cameras that went wonky and then making sure for the triggers I have them set to External as well.

The newest additions of BI have allowed more flexibility in zones for DeepStack; however, that has impacted some instances of IVS and DS working together. IIRC I think I created a zone A that was the whole screen so that when it was then triggered by the IVS for DS, then DS had a zone to work with.

Of course YMMV and some haven't had issues, and others probably found different solutions.

kamakazie2

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight and the reply.. ill see if i can come up with a workaround.

kamakazie2

n3wb
Reaction score
So i downgraded to a Pre Deepstack release i think it was 5.3.9.17 and ONVIF vs external works.
My onvif triggers come in and make clips with no alert, and the outdoor motion triggers external which causes an aler as it used to.