Open Soure ALPR Software - Adaptive Recognition

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was doing some searching for ALPR software and found a company called Adaptive Recognition.

They have released some code, open source, for doing ALPR. I downloaded it and looked very briefly at it, but did not try and compile it or anything.

If you are a developer who is interested in this stuff, might be worth checking out.

I found the page here:

ANPR software FREE DOWNLOAD | Adaptive Recognition Hungary

To clarify, I am NOT affiliated in any way with this company. Never heard of them before, just they just popped up in a Google search.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone trying this out? I contacted the U.S. franchise in Florida concerning their commercial offerings, but their responses are too slow and unhelpful, probably because I gave my customer status as 'hobbyist.'

Update: I went ahead downloaded their free software to check it out, and ran a MP4 file exported from Blue Iris, and their program said "The selected video file cannot be found or is invalid." After trying to open an image file, the image loads but their OCR didn't see anything.

Last edited:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Funny, I was literally searching this morning for open source ALPR software as I'm not sure why I'm paying $5/month to OpenALPR anymore. Too bad Deepstack couldn't add this to their software which is really great at detecting objects/people.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
All I can say is that their free software didn't work for me, and when I asked their salesman how much their paid services cost I was told that pricing is proprietary information, and they wanted to know all about my company's LPR needs first, even though I specified that I am a hobbyist. If anyone has better luck with them then please let me know.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I asked their salesman how much their paid services cost I was told that pricing is proprietary information
That is sick.

It is bad enough when a company will not publicly publish its pricing, but even after you contact them they still will not tell you. That is just not right.