OpenALPR setup help for dummy(me) required please

100 td

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, hoping to setup openalpr but it may be a bit beyond me, does anybody have any time so I could call you and have quick yarn about the software setup and where/what direction I need to go, I can generally slowly work through things, but need some help or direction to get me started on this. Timezone difference could be an issue, but I'll try to work that if you are prepared to listen and give me a starter on where to go. Thanks in advance.
(I've downloaded a few bits and pieces, run a command line on an image and spat out plate results, but haven't been able to sort out stream etc. I think I have a fair bit more to do, but need some pointers in the right direction)

Last edited:

100 td

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately my internet in the bush is "cactus" so need to set it up on my own PC totally to stream and process. I tried that a few weeks ago, I didn't have a lot of time to pursue it, got a rego key which has now expired and it won't let me run, even though it said it defaults to the free account. I found it was reading the clock in the timeline, but I'm sure that could be fixed. However it now won't let the service run for some reason. I checked out the fees and I would need to pay $50 per month to use it without cloud I think. It said the free edition was limited to 65/2000 reads per day/month.

100 td

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ran the software up on another PC, got it to work, but due to my connection I get
{"error": "agent_timeout"} all the time.So need to do it local somehow?

100 td

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Remote Agent Not Connected
The remote OpenALPR agent is not currently connected. The images are stored on this agent and will be unavailable until it reconnects.

Please try again shortly.