Opinion on set up for newb in UK

Reaction score
Hi, have just begun looking in to options for a CCTV system to cover around my home. Initially was looking at Reolink bundles but after finding this site I have obviously been put off this idea. For simplicity and cost opting for an NVR seems better than buying and setting up a PC with BI for myself.

Most of my reading on this site seems to point to people advising Dahua cameras but I have been struggling to find any sites that deliver to the UK. However, I have found one "bundle" on Amazon for Hikvision cameras and NVR: HERE
4 x Hikvision 4MP Colorvu DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL BLACK 2.8 (TWO WAY AUDIO).
1 x Hikvision 8MP 8 channel NVR DS-7608NI-K, 2TB Pre Installed Hard Drive
According to the Hikvision site they have a 1/1.8" CMOS sensor which seems to be the most important factor? Are these cameras advisable? Does this seem a reasonable set up? Usage is mainly for 3 cams set to cover access points 2-5m away and mounted on soffits of single story house. Ideally a system that is reasonably simple to set up and to use remote viewing.

Happy to hear any other suggestions for buying cameras for UK delivery too. Thanks.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY is a well regarded Dahua reseller here. His cams are under the brand Empiretech, but they are re-branded Dahuas. He ships to the UK all of the time.