Opinions on the following network

madi

n3wb
Feb 13, 2024
Pakistan
Hello all, I am installing an IP Camera Network a campus where boundaries are spread over 500 meters. It's a low risk operation so nothing serious. I have come up with the following Network and need your advice whether the following setup would work and the devices selected would work with one another. I'm open to advice and suggestions, thank you.Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 14.35.33.png

Hello all, I am installing an IP Camera Network a campus where boundaries are spread over 500 meters. It's a low risk operation so nothing serious. I have come up with the following Network and need your advice whether the following setup would work and the devices selected would work with one another. I'm open to advice and suggestions, thank you.View attachment 202857

Looks to be a solid network with common sense connectivity via fibre. All of the cameras should have a Micro SD Card in place not only for back up, fail over, and resiliencey.

But, will be able to utilize the ANR feature on the camera / NVR system. Don’t see a properly rated UPS anywhere for the network?!?

Nor do I see any form of SPD protection in the network?!?

Lastly, the video data needs some form of offsite backup. Can’t rely solely on the NVR whether it be a SAN / NAS / JBOD / FTP.