Out of Decoding Ability

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can someone that knows better, what will affect when adding cameras to a NVR to get this message: " Out of Decoding Ability " !

I am running BI, But i also have a iSmart 8 ch Poe Nvr , now the system came with 4 iSmart poe ip Cameras, Now because i added 2 more cameras so now i have 6, if i want to add the 7th i am getting the above message "Out of Decoding Ability" why is that? bitrate/frame rate/etc? what will be the cause?

Thanks,

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
bitrates are exceeding the capabilities of the NVR; they all have bandwidth celings and you've hit this one's..

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
bitrates are exceeding the capabilities of the NVR; they all have bandwidth celings and you've hit this one's..
This here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/iSmart-8CH-HD1080P-POE-NVR-Security-Outdoor-ONVIF-Bullet-VF-Camera-System-1TB-/291923383987?hash=item43f7fd56b3:g:2d0AAOSw9etXQIcw
is the exact system i purchased,was my first, and that is the nvr. Of course system is old and 2 cameras are gone..not working anymore.

Anyway,so i have look in the menu under "encoding" to each camera,and there is a main stream and a "minor stream"
For main stream i see some have the bit rate set at 2048 or 3072, as for the minor stream some are at 400 or 1024 or 512.
So should a lower the main and minor stream the bit rate so i can add the 2 more cameras?

Now whats the difference between the : bit rate control : CBR and VBR? Some are CBR and others are VBR.

Thanks.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
pretty shitty imho; your main 1080p stream is 3072kbps? yesh I run my 1080p cameras at more than 2x that.

you can try reducing bitrates, but its going to dramatically reduce quality...

Constant bitrate and variable bitrate; if your hitting ceilings your probably gona need to run em all at CBR