'Overview' camera recommendation needed - wide angle + Color night vision

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation - although my C800 is a Hikvision rebrand (Annke) and I'm not impressed with it at all. It can only output H265, and for some reason, it's constantly jittery no matter how much I fiddle with the settings. It has nowhere near the granularity of exposure/shutter control I have with my Dahua cameras. I'm thinking this will be the same?

The DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL has the option to H.265, H.264 and H.264+. The image quality is on par with the Dahua 5442 series cameras. I am using it as an overview camera, complimented with 2 other cameras, and the combo of these cameras provides excellent coverage and ID if needed. It is in a well lit area. It works well for my installation. The exposure/shutter controls are limited on this cam though.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL has the option to H.265, H.264 and H.264+. The image quality is on par with the Dahua 5442 series cameras. I am using it as an overview camera, complimented with 2 other cameras, and the combo of these cameras provides excellent coverage and ID if needed. It is in a well lit area. It works well for my installation. The exposure/shutter controls are limited on this cam though.
Hmm... I'm going to use it in a dimly-lit area, so the lack of exposure/shutter controls are a little worrisome for me.

What's the difference in the sensor size between this and the 4KColor-X?