P2P Camera SimCam/SimHome Cannot Connect to tinyCam PRO

slimdog55

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I cannot for the life of me get this camera to hook up to tinyCam Pro.

When I scan my network for cameras, it finds the camera device's P2P UID and adds the camera. I perform a camera status test and it gives me an error message to check username and password. I used my account password from SimHome account. Nothing. I have also tried every default Chinese camera password I could find online. I even tried to enter the number on the bottom of the camera as a password, the camera model number and still nothing.

This is one of those cameras were you scan the QR code from the app to connect to it if that helps at all.

I contacted SimHome, who was recently bought out and are now called Ellie Hello. They were of no help to assist with this.

Kind of stuck here. I tried to manually add the camera, forwarded ports on the camera device via my ISP's router app to no avail.

Here is the website of said camera. I have the Baby Ellie Pro.

SimShine

EllieHello

Here is their "open platform" website:

Open Platform

Here is the Google play store link to the SimHome app:

Play Store Link

I emailed the app developer Alexey a few days ago and have not yet received a response. Thought I'd post here if anyone has some pointers. I've been fighting this for days.

I just want to be able to stream my baby monitor onto my Google TV device and phone. (tinyCam app is way better!!!) It really shouldn't be this difficult. There is no Google TV app for this camera. I side loaded the phone version and it's just is not working right for obvious reasons.

It used to have Google Home integration until they were bought out. I emailed them and there is no timeframe when it'll be available. (If ever...)

I see so many other off brand cheap Chinese cameras that work, so I know there has to be a way!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments