P2P not working on Managed Network with Draytek Firewall

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve tried setting up an NVR on a Managed Network that has a Cisco POE and Draytek Firewall. I can view the cameras on the IP Address of 192.168.1.26 but P2P isn’t Online even when it’s enabled.

How it’s currently connect is

4 way switch

POE port 8 way switch
Uplink 1 - LAN port on the NVR
Uplink 2 - Data Point in the Wall

Any ideas or suggestions or is the Firewall blocking P2P?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
My understanding is that if you can browse the web through the firewall, P2P should get through it ok. And if I'm wrong, it can be a discussion starting point. It would help to post exactly which NVR you have in case somebody has experience with the same one.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Uplink 2 - Data Point in the Wall

Where does this go?. To the draytek?. Enable DHCP on this interface on the nvr and see how you go

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve tied that. They have a comms cabinet with a Cisco POe that’s linked to a Data Port by Excel. But I’ve tied DHCP and it’s issued a new IP address but I think the firewall is blocking any new IP addresses.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What NVR do you have and where do the cameras connect to ?. Do the cameras go to the POE switch or directly to the NVR?,

Either way you need to verify internet connectivity. Place a PC on that connection and try browsing the web. Ensure your NVR has DNS configured.