P2P service Down for several systems suddenly. Tech support no help. US

Stewart2

n3wb
Apr 29, 2020
Why would the Dahua P2P service suddenly stop working on multiple systems?
One stand alone camera and the rest NVRs.

Tech support was no help, they can't check status from their side unless they actually try adding the system to their app.

We're a long distance from the systems, to go on site. One in Florida.
Testing the new SmartPSS Lite PC software (was using SMART PSS) still not Online.

We were using SmartPSS on PCs, and gDMSS on Android phones.

The new gDMSS Lite Android app indicates that "Recent data from similar devices show that this app may stop working on your device" - so it Will Not Even Install!. This is a newer Samsung Galaxy A545G phone.

Other customer calls are coming in about this,

I have one employee that can see a system on her iPhone app(IDMSS)

Any suggestions appreciated.

So is this one location? And by p2p you mean you can't add new devices or do not see live view(or both)?

Maybe a change of ip adress from provider or router? Nvr and camera in different subnet?
Router offline is also an option. Are you sure the network is working like it should?

Dahua from some time region by region started to block support for old version of P2P...
This is second thread about that from the USA Today..

Given that me and a number of others I know still are able to use it, my guess is its

A- Older equipment and maybe even all XVR/s that are being shut off due to security concerns

or

B) You're hitting a P2P cloud server that is down. There are many of them

Dahua from some time region by region started to block support for old version of P2P...
This is second thread about that from the USA Today..

^^^^^^
Mostly this

Looks like it is the apps.
The new SmartPSS Lite app does work on a PC, and the DMSS app is working on Android devices, for our systems that were Offline in the old SmartPSS.

Tech support said the new SmartPSS Lite PC app has a limitation of 64 total NVR channels(based on max capacity of each NVR added).
So not all of my customers can be on my PC app like I had using the old SmartPSS app.

Does anyone know about the SmartPSS Pro software that would not have a 64 channel limit?

Last edited:
I have used gDMSS on android for a few years now, until a few days ago the P2P connections failed, I checked everything on my end and nothing seems to go wrong! Thanks to this forum, I understanding that my only choice is to update to DMSS or DM-HD. I am sharing my experience on how to get the P2P connections back up. Once you finished with the account set up, just navigate to add device/scan. If you do not have your QR code handy, Don't panic! as long as you still have your serial sticker at the back of your NVR, you are fine! Just google a free QR-code creator and make your own! When you are done, just fill out the blanks. Device name can be anything you make up, You do have to know your user name and password on your recorder. That's it, you are connected again! Turn off your wifi and try loading your camera on your phone data. If you get image, your p2p is working again!

You can also choose add manually and enter the serial number. Same as the QR code

Reactions: looney2ns
It’s far more secure than forwarding ports on your router.

It works fine for my 4K cameras

Reactions: looktall
Yes this started for me just yesterday after a client notified me he could not connect to his local systems plus others his company installed separately.

I have dozens of clients using p2p as they dont have static IP addresses. In gDMSS I have literally dozens and dozens of devices and many more favorites setup - eg. 1x 32 ch NVR for 4 stores has 4 different Favorites. To move this all over to DMSS is unreasonable, and I would have to do the same for several of the staff - times that by dozens of stores some with over 100 cameras (big ones have statics). I only use DMSS right now for a couple new NVRs and for alerts as its Face alerts is better than gDMSS. However it constantly hangs and crashes, it is unstable and they should just scrap it and start from scratch. You cant even select which page to load on startup now (eg. live/playback or favorites) Older DMSS rebranded versions do not hang as much (just install older DMSS APK).

It does not affect DMSS and Newer versions of Smart PSS (2020-10-21 2.03.04 version is okay for example).
It does affect gDMSS.

Previously they stopped p2p support on gDMSS and older Smart PSS for NEW NVRs only, older ones like 2022 and before still worked fine.
It would be better if they allowed us to edit the p2p server on the apps, so gDMSS could use the new p2p server.
Or they could easily do a p2p update for gDMSS, which otherwise is a stable and proven app.

Amcrest also did the same thing with their older Amcrest app.
The old app just worked. It was not great. But it worked.

Last edited:
I hear ya on not being able to define a startup page/nvr, but otherwise my DMSS works pretty well. I dont get crashes.
Dahua P2p Servers arent always super fast, and of course the networks between you and them are a possible choke point

I hear ya on not being able to define a startup page/nvr, but otherwise my DMSS works pretty well. I dont get crashes.
Dahua P2p Servers arent always super fast, and of course the networks between you and them are a possible choke point
May depend on what type of phone you have. Mine is an A32 samsung with is fine with everything else. But DMSS can barely load 2 or 3 sites in the list before crashing and having to restart the app. And swiping pages rarely works.

Ahh.., yeah Im on an iPhone 14? I think

I used to use a J1 Ace which was like a $50 phone using the old gDMSS back in the day and it worked great for 2MP coax cameras mostly. Now that wouldnt work with this newer gDMSS. Yep the iphone has a much faster processor and cost way more. The A32 was $400 here which is alot to me since I drop it from ladders and break the screen in attics regularly.

• Haha
Reactions: bigredfish