Packaging

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Got to love having things delivered to your door. These were today's packages, One from Amazon (where they don't seem to care how they package anything) and one from Walmart (where they really need to invest in some boxes that are closer in size to the item being shipped. :p

Amazon
Am b.jpg Am a.jpg
Walmart

Wal.jpg

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And now you, as if you don't have anything else to do, have to fill out a complaint online, upload pictures, etc.
Meanwhile, the person doing the packing at amazon is in HR wanting a raise...:screwy:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Gretta does not approve of shipping $10 products in separate orders, multiple times per week.
Actually, both orders had more items. From Amazon, they simply didn't send everything.
Walmart sent 3 separate boxes. Heck, the shipping would have cost ME more than the entire order was worth!

And now you, as if you don't have anything else to do, have to fill out a complaint online, upload pictures, etc.
Meanwhile, the person doing the packing at amazon is in HR wanting a raise...:screwy:
Ahh, for however incompetent the stock people are, Amazon support has been great. I hit the contact link, and had them call me (they called within a couple of minutes). I explained what I had and told them I had taken unpackaging pics (since the box was WAAAAY too small for what I ordered). They said not to worry about the pics and immediately told me they'd set up the refund (it hit my account in about two hours) and told me to keep the stuff. I tossed it as every single can was badly bent and my wife won't touch them like that.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I try to stay away from Amazon. When they put most everyone else out of business, the prices really rise (monopoly). But it seems that the more convenient things are, the lazy people will pay more. Jeff Bozos has it all figured out.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, I've had Prime since 2003 and they haven't raised prices yet. Maybe next year... :p

Actually, I couldn't tell you how many orders I've made where shipping HAD to cost them more than my order. I guess if you want to stick it to Bozo, that'd be the way, eh?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yea, I hear you on the shipping. I would say that at least 30% of what I order on Ebay comes Amazon Prime. Sometimes a small cheap item and it is delivered on Sunday. But he can make minimal profit while he puts everyone else out of business. Everyone else knows what he is doing, hence the stock price.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the ways to make quick money is to look up stuff on Amazon, then post it on Ebay.
If you buy from Ebay, they order from Amazon and drop ship to you.
they do the same from Wally World, probably other places.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the ways to make quick money is to look up stuff on Amazon, then post it on Ebay.
If you buy from Ebay, they order from Amazon and drop ship to you.
You just busted one of my bubbles. When I've received ebay items in amazon packaging I've rationalized that the seller was just using amazon packaging he happened to have. Since one of my current goals in life is to not buy anything from amazon, I now have to be even more careful. Our society is going the same route with retail and amazon that we did with manufacturing and china. We enrich the enemy in return for cheap stuff and convenience so they can come back and rule over us later.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
You just busted one of my bubbles. When I've received ebay items in amazon packaging I've rationalized that the seller was just using amazon packaging he happened to have. Since one of my current goals in life is to not buy anything from amazon, I now have to be even more careful. Our society is going the same route with retail and amazon that we did with manufacturing and china. We enrich the enemy in return for cheap stuff and convenience so they can come back and rule over us later.
I agree, but at least manufacturing is coming back to home lately (Yea)
:eek:ok at the boxes, are they reused? second label? can you see where they tore off the first label? Tape that holds it together say amazon?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Amazon sells things that a typical consumer will not be interested in, but they have stock anyway for virtually everything you can think of even used condoms (literally, condition: like new); apparently, they are able to drop ship certain items directly from the vendor.

Coincidentally, Walmart on the hand, its easy to reach their $35 delivery minimum. They were far more reliable than Amazon during the peak of the pandemic in the Northeast. However, I'm absolutely disgusted by FedEx's way of handling packages. They simply don't care, which is why I prioritize my preference on Amazon orders as they use UPS most of the time