Pan-Tilt camera w/ micrphone and speaker?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for a camera to mount in the front of the house that has pan and tilt, and also has microphone and speaker. Hoping the microphone and speaker works over some kind of network protocol so it's easy to find some open source software to do intercom type functionality.

I see PTZ cameras with microphone, but not speaker. It'd be great to have it all in one non-intrusive package as this is at the front of the house and I don't want to give off the prison vibe.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you can live without a PTZ theres more choices. or do 2 cameras.
heres one i found out about a few days ago. I think I'd like to try it at some point.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'd be able to live without pan/tilt. The audio features on this one looks a bit limited. It can be triggered to play audio files stored on the SD card. I was hoping for more sophisticated options for audio, like SIP, where you can configure your own SIP server to do 2-way talk or pretty much whatever audio stuff you'd want. Looking for more flexibility with audio I guess.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
SIP not too popular on cams, but on the intercomes it has.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SIP not too popular on cams, but on the intercomes it has.

It's a shame that SIP isn't better supported on cameras. You can route sip audio much more dynamically. The Dahua door bell supports SIP, and you can see real world hardware can be built for it to do cool things like the kit dashboard and supporting multiple dashboards.