Parapet Mount Compatibility With Domes and Turrets?

cpsmith516

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have a really small back yard that has a 6ft. privacy fence that I need to see over. My neighbor has taken a liking to tampering with our dogs by dropping food over the fence (rotten eggs this weekend) and she's doing it from our other neighbors yard since I gave her a no trespass warning months ago.

Hanging a turret on the corner of the soffit can't see over the fence into the street and other yard to capture good facial of her doing this for evidence. What I need to know is can I use the parapet mount and some combination of adapter to get a non-ptz camera up high enough to peer over our fence? If so which adapters fit the starlight dome & turrets to work with the parapet? The dahua spec sheet is confusing as hell, and I cannot really tell from pictures if the adapters will thread into the parapet so I'm hoping someone here has first hand experience and can get me pointed in the right direction.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I have a really small back yard that has a 6ft. privacy fence that I need to see over. My neighbor has taken a liking to tampering with our dogs by dropping food over the fence (rotten eggs this weekend) and she's doing it from our other neighbors yard since I gave her a no trespass warning months ago.

Hanging a turret on the corner of the soffit can't see over the fence into the street and other yard to capture good facial of her doing this for evidence. What I need to know is can I use the parapet mount and some combination of adapter to get a non-ptz camera up high enough to peer over our fence? If so which adapters fit the starlight dome & turrets to work with the parapet? The dahua spec sheet is confusing as hell, and I cannot really tell from pictures if the adapters will thread into the parapet so I'm hoping someone here has first hand experience and can get me pointed in the right direction.
Pictures of location are worth a lot!

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
After some research, I realize that a parapet is what I know as a knee wall, hopefully. Here are some pics of a bracket that I made to hold a turret. Its 1 1/2 square aluminum with tabs welded on one end so that it can be secured to the building. on the other end I welded a flat plate to mount the camera. I also sealed the top of the tube and hid the connections inside.

20160120_184808.jpg 20160116_115757.jpg

cpsmith516

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have a welder or access to one unfortunately, but I did come up with a workable solution. Going to use a pole mount and junction box coupled up to a dish j-arm mounted to the soffit. This should work, and I'll be able to pole mount an illuminator on it as well. After all the parts and new cam get in I'll try to remember and take pictures for you guys.