PC-NVR + Dahua IPCam Help!!

Gemni69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I am stuck and not sure what or where to go.

I have 4 HDW4431C Ip Cams and they are all setup and working great. I have them setup to motion detection and some with Trip wire setup.

I installed SmartPSS and PC-NVR on my PC. I only want to use MD and Trip wire setup and not 24/7 recording.
Now I did add the 4 devices and also added the PC-NVR as a decivce on Smart PSS. The issue I am having is that all 4 camera record when motion is detected on 1 camera. Its like they are all on the same channel and once it detects motion it records them all.

Now I have looked on the website for the IP cam and on the Smart PSS software and there is no place where I can change the channel number for any of the camera. This is driving me nuts and to me is a waste of space.
Has anyone had this issue ? What was the solution?

Had a few other questions while I am at it =-).

Why does PC-NVR only allow for 2TB max? Cannot go beyond this?

Is there a way to set that if motion occurs to record 30 sec or 1 min before that happens?

Lastly, How are you guys doing a remote backup? I notice for PC-NVR it is using all the 2TB and the files are in its own format. So are you just coping that data to another location? Or converting it to something before hand? What did you do so I can do something similar?

Thanks for the feedback and help.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Stop using PC-NVR.
Start using NFS.

Off Topic: A thought has crossed my mind recently: Dahua offers NVRs which run on x86 Intel CPUs. I wonder if one could get the software running on a normal desktop.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stop using PC-NVR.
Start using NFS.

Off Topic: A thought has crossed my mind recently: Dahua offers NVRs which run on x86 Intel CPUs. I wonder if one could get the software running on a normal desktop.
Sorry but what does NFS means here?

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would it be possible to make an easy guide to, how to set up an NFS server for dahua cameras, so you can record to a hard drive at home and what hardware you'll be needing for that, raspberry pi, computer, nas?
Right now I only have a hard drive attached to my router by usb, would it be possible to use it for recording?