Pecham Camera connection

skitter

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a number of Pecham cameras and I happen to love them. However, we got a new modem and now none of the cameras will work, the ssid will not even show up on my setup for the cameras. I am at a loss as to how to get them working again. Any solutions?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By "modem" do you mean a modem/wireless router combo?

Assuming you can see the SSID of the new wireless router/modem on your smartphone, have you tried performing a hard reset of the cams then performing the initial setup as you did for them BEFORE you got the new modem?

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

skitter

n3wb
Reaction score
By "modem" do you mean a modem/wireless router combo?

Assuming you can see the SSID of the new wireless router/modem on your smartphone, have you tried performing a hard reset of the cams then performing the initial setup as you did for them BEFORE you got the new modem?

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:
Sorry, yes, wireless router. I cannot see the SSID. It was there before the new router, but not anymore. I have reset the cams and even tried just deleting and reinstalling, but nothing is working. I set them all up before and it was no biggie. The new router is my source of angst but even the guys who are our internet provider have no clue how to fix this.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What brand is the router and who is the ISP. That may help a bit in figuring this out for you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All of the other devices come on with no problem. They were as easy to set up with new router as before. It's just my cameras
Can you log into the router and remove any and all Wi-Fi security? It's just long enough to see if there's an issue with cam's wireless compatibility.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Couple things to check:
1) Some routers allow the user to hide the SSID (not broadcast it) and you have to manually type it in on your wireless devices. Check your MOFI modem/router user manual.
2) Another option is to rename the SSID on the new modem/router to the original router and use the same wireless password as the original router...
3) Most wireless IP cameras use 2.4GHz, check your modem/router to ensure that the 2.4GHz (and 5.0GHz, if available) are turned on
4) If the cameras are able to connect up wired, connect one and access the cam web interface and check the wireless setup