Pelco PTZ control

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to control a couple of Pelco Spectra II PTZ's through Blue Iris.
They are running Pelco D protocol and presently seamlessly controlled through a
Dahua Technology Lite Series X51A2E 8-Channel 1080p HD-CVI Pentabrid.
I am using this to encode the analog channels.
Is it possible to control them from the Blue Iris and how can i accomplish this?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Drew

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to control a couple of Pelco Spectra II PTZ's through Blue Iris.
They are running Pelco D protocol and presently seamlessly controlled through a
Dahua Technology Lite Series X51A2E 8-Channel 1080p HD-CVI Pentabrid.
I am using this to encode the analog channels.
Is it possible to control them from the Blue Iris and how can i accomplish this?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Drew
If I understand correctly, you want to incorporate cameras from an NVR into Blue Iris?

I know it is possible with some brands, and I would think that Dahua model would be one you could do.

You go into BI and add a camera - the IP address would be the IP address of the NVR. Then you type in the username and password of the NVR.

About halfway down on that screen is camera - here is where you select the camera number from the NVR. So first do camera 1.

After you get one going, then you simply copy that camera and change the channel for each camera added.

The PTZ controls in BI should operate the PTZs..

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cameras ARE streaming fine to Blue Iris.
I’m unable to configure the BI PTZ controls in the setup tab to correspond and affect the cameras.
Hoping someone that has an operating arrangement might be able to share some insight.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@inline6 - I am assuming you have the PTZ controls box checked in setup? Mine isn't the same system as yours, but I didn't have to configure anything in the setup tab other than the check box.

In live viewing, make sure you have the camera you want to PTZ highlighted and the controls at the bottom of the screen should control them.

1584936059033.png

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SOLVED!!
Using ONVIF device Manager I logged into the DVR and PTZ channel and found that the DVR was using Port 8080.
Selecting that Port 8080 in the setup tabs and trying various manufacturers in the drop down menu I selected Dahua V4 and Shazaam! Full functionality of the Spectra II.
Hopefully the many hours i spent will help the next fellow get his PTZ up and running.