Periodic Function Sporadic

rtanner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I have been using Blue Iris for over a year now, I have a combination of 12 cameras (Foscam, Amcrest, and Hikvision) running for our business. I have managed to run over half of these over 3 different wireless stations aimed at an outdoor AP (all Nanostation M5 to be exact). They are all working perfectly except the cameras I have set to record Triggered + Periodic at .2 sec every 3 seconds for most and a frame ever 10 seconds for a few.

My problem is that even though I see they are recording by looking at the red outline on each window flash every few seconds, the footage isn't actually showing up when playing back.

I can't blame the wireless bridges because live video is perfect on all cameras. Motion trigger on all cameras also perfect. Months ago I was able to have nice time lapses on the weekend when no triggers were detected. Now I will have an empty file if no motion is detected for the whole day.

I keep thinking there is a setting I am missing such as a global profile having all cameras record when triggered only. I tried messing with profiles but really don't need any camera to change from the initial settings I made.

I would appreciate any help,

-Richard

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
when in doubt blame wifi

wires >> wifi

rtanner

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh believe me I'm not one for using wireless for cameras but since some of the them are over 1/4 mile away, this is the only feasible solution. Having said that, it is definitely not the wireless since 5 of the cameras are hard wired with similar results. After viewing some footage from last night, it has further confused me as it seems to work some of the time.

For example, starting at midnight on an older camera: 12:00:00 - 12:00:42 I have 3 frames recording every 3 seconds
Then all of a sudden the time jumps to 12:52:45 skipping 52 minutes. Works perfectly until 12:59:00 then jumps to 1:10:03 for 2 frames, 1:16:00 for 2 frames, then 1:50:45 works a few more minutes and jumps another 50 minutes or so. Around 3:22:00 our concrete crews start showing up and the camera seems to catch every trigger throughout the hour but almost no Periodic. Very sporadic considering another camera on the same wireless station with exactly the same settings cuts out similarly but at different times.

Am I asking too much out of my hard drive to be able to simultaneously record a frame or two every 3 seconds on roughly 10 different cameras? It doesn't seem to have any issues when multiple cameras are triggered through the day recording full FPS on each camera. I have had this problem carry over to a new computer I built with an I7 6600K on a 4TB Purple HDD (for Stored Video) and Windows 10 and BI on SSD. I don't think its my hardware. I have tried relocating the Periodic recordings (set to New which records to SSD) to the Purple (Stored) with no change.

If anyone has a suggestion I sure could use some help.

-Richard